Distributor Members shall be business entities (such as corporations, partnerships, etc.) that:
- Are engaged in the distribution of fluid sealing products and/or fluid sealing services to industry, institutions, end users, and/or original equipment manufacturers, and who have engaged in such business for a period of at least one year prior to application for membership in this Corporation; and,
- Are not subsidiaries or affiliates of any fluide sealing manufacture; and,
- Act as distributors for products manufactured by two or more manufacturers of fluid sealing products; and,
- Maintain their own inventory of at least $50,000 at cost of fluid sealing products. Fluid sealing products are defined as mechanical or hydraulic seals, packings or gaskets; and,
- Maintain a minimum annual gross sales of at least $250,000 of fluid sealing products and fluid sealing services.
Associate Members shall be business entities (such as corporations, partnerships and sole proprietorships, but not to include manufacturers' representatives or agents) that:
- Sell fluid sealing products primarily through distributors; or,
- Sell raw materials necessary to the manufacture or fabrication of fluid sealing products; and
- Are sponsored by two current ISD members, to be listed on application;
- maintain and provide annual evidence of product liability insurance of at least US$2 million.
Affiliate Members shall be business entities (such as corporations, partnerships and sole proprietorships) that provide specific products and/or services of value to the members of the Association, and who support the Association's mission and purpose.
Affiliate Members shall not be engaged in the production or sale of products and/or services that are handled in the ordinary course of business conducted by the Association's Distributor or Associate Members. Affiliate Members may not be manufacturer's representatives, agents or master distributors.