How to create a Linkedin Profile
Setting Up Your Linkedin Account
LinkedIn is an online network for business professionals. It's different than other social networking sites because it's designed specifically for professional networking -- finding a job, discovering sales leads, connecting with potential business partners.
1. Open the LinkedIn webpage (https://www.linkedin.com/). It will open to a page with several text fields in the middle.
2. Enter your personal information. You'll do this in the fields provided on the main page. LinkedIn needs the following information:
Email - Your preferred email address at which LinkedIn can contact you.
Password - Your preferred password for your LinkedIn account.
3. Click Join Now. It's the yellow button below the information entry fields.
4. Click the box below "Country". Doing so will prompt a drop-down menu of countries.
5. Click on your current country of residence.
6. Type in your current ZIP code. You'll do so in the "ZIP code" box below the "Country" box.
7. Click Next. It's below the ZIP code box.
8. Indicate whether or not you're a student. To do so, click the Yes or the No box at the top of this page.
9. Type in your job title and the company at which you work. You'll do so in the "Job title" and "Company" fields on this page.
Depending on your place of employment, you may also have to select a field from an "Industry" box on this page.
If you're a student, you'll type in your current school, the year at which you started school, and when you plan to graduate.
10. Click Next. Now you'll need to customize the kind of content and connections you'll see in your LinkedIn Home page.
Find our Linkedin Groups by clicking here.
Changing the Frequency of Group Emails
You can control how often you receive group digest emails and other group emails like discussion and comment notifications by managing your LinkedIn communications settings on the Communications tab of your Settings & Privacy page.
To view and change your group email settings:
- Click the Me icon in the top right of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Select Settings & Privacyfrom the dropdown.
- Select the Communicationstab at the top of the page.
- Under the Basicssection, click Change next to Email frequency.
- Click Details to the right of Group updates.
- Click All group email settings.
- Click on the group you want.
- Click the toggle to Onor Off next to the following sections:
- Digest of activities in your group
- Group announcement
- New discussion
- Changes will be saved automatically.